TAC2 3 GUN INFO
TAC2 is a 3 Gun Nation Club Series member facility.
For our 3 Gun matches, unless directed otherwise by the stage instructions, we follow the 3 Gun Nation Club Series rules and procedures which can be found at the following link:
Additional items and exceptions to note:
TAC2 welcomes all shooters to come participate. Our matches are not real physical, and are based on safely having a
really fun time .Spectators are always welcome .Match competitors and spectators MUST have eye and ear portection to be on the
range, and must conduct themselves in a manner which promotes safety and good sportsmanship .All participants are required to help reset stages.
TAC2 welcomes and encourages first time competitors to come out and participate .Under most circumstances, we can assist you with gear to use, provided you bring your own "factory loaded" ammunition, which meets match requirements .If you need assistance with gear, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .We will be glad to help you with gear, and/or guns to use for the match.
- CHAMBER FLAGS ARE REQUIRED FOR LONG
- Transporting Rifle, Shotgun, and Pistol (carrying from vehicle and between stages) .Rifles & Shotguns must be cased, or if hand carried, or slung, the muzzle must be pointed up or down. Carts where the muzzles are pointed downward are approved. Rifles & Shotguns must be transported with chamber flags inserted, (if you do not have chamber flags, they will be available for purchase at the range, for a reasonable fee), detachable magazines removed/tubes unloaded .Pistols carried between stages must be unloaded with no magazine inserted, and remain in the competitors holster, or be cased.
- TAC2 matches are scored with time and penalties with points. This means each stage has the same total point value. Therefore, all of the stages have the same value to the competitor.
- Basic Equipment
- A center fire rifle at least .223 in caliber and a couple of spare magazines. Occasionally, a sling will be required for your rifle. You should be able to carry at least 50 rounds of rifle ammunition on you including what will be in the rifle.
- A 12 or 20 gauge semi-auto or pump shotgun. Occasionally, a sling will be required for your shotgun.
- A center fire pistol or revolver at least 9mm in caliber and a couple of spare magazines or speed loaders. You should be able to carry at least 50 rounds of handgun ammunition on you including what will be in the handgun.
- Holsters must be a practical/tactical carry style and must be able to safely retain the handgun during vigorous movement. The holster material must completely cover the trigger on all semi-auto pistols .Revolver holsters must completely cover the trigger and the cylinder. The belt upon which the holster and magazine/speed loader pouches are attached must be worn at waist level. Due to safety concerns, shoulder
holsters and cross draw holsters are not allowed.
- Round Count - A good minimum ammunition load out is (round count does not account for ANY misses).
- Rifle - 100 rounds.
- Pistol - 100 rounds.
- Shotgun - 50 rounds bird shot, 10 rounds slug, 10 rounds buck shot (00 or larger shot size).
- Match Date
- 3rd Saturday of every month.
- Match times
- May through September – 8:00 am Registration begins, 8:45 am shooter's meeting, 9:00 am shooting begins.
- October through April – 9:00 am Registration begins, 9:45 am shooter's meeting, 10:00 am shooting begins.
- Match fees
- Members - $15.00
- Non-members - $20.00
Come shoot with us, it will be a great time!!